3/31/12

Relaaaaaax...

A verse Dad used in sunday school popped out at me. He was talking about Moses questioning God's wisdom and timing, with using him to bring the Israelites out of Egypt. He used Psalms 37:7 as a counter point, and I realized how much it applied to me.

Psalms 37:7 
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Here's your 3 point message wrapped up in one verse:
I. Rest in the Lord
II. Wait patiently
III. Fret not.
                                                All of which are easier said than done.

I. Rest in the Lord- We (I) get so caught up in life, and then wonder why I'm so stressed about everything.
Because.
I'm trying to rest in my own strength and ability, and it's not workin' out so well. If I could just remember to rest in the LORD...
II. Wait patiently- I'm not good at that part. Recently that's the one thing I have to keep reminding myself of. Pretty soon I won't be in school anymore, and I don't have a solid plan for what to do next. I REALLY like having a plan. Preferably ahead of time. BUT, I need to wait patiently until God shows me what HIS plan is. I also feel like I should have a back-up plan, just in case I don't know His plan by the time I graduate, which is MY preffered timing. How's that for faith...? 
III. Fret not- (there's a good song about that...the Marshall family sings it.)  I know this part is saying not to worry when the guy who's not doing right seems to be getting away with it, and that definetly applies to me, and is a reminder I need. But what if I just take those two words by themselves? Fret not: just don't.

Another reason I like this particular verse is because it tells me exactly  what to do and what not to do. Simple.
Clear cut.
I appreciate that.

Isaiah 40:31 
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Luke 12:24 
Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

Proverbs 11:5  The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.

Commit thy way unto the Lord.
All you need He will afford.
Never fret and be oppressed.
Commit and Trust, Delight and Rest.

Fret not! He’s watching over you.
Fret not! The Lord will see you through.
Fret not! You’re sure to stand the test,
Commit and Trust, Delight and Rest.

Trust in Him, His Word is true.
He will do what’s right for you.
Praise the Name you have confessed.
Commit and Trust, Delight and Rest.

Let the Lord be your Delight.
Delight in Him both day and night.
You the host and He the Guest
Commit and Trust, Delight and Rest.

Rest in Him, wait patiently.
God knows all and He can see.
In His answer you’ll be blessed.
Commit and Trust, Delight and Rest

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I really get a blessing from reading your posts on here!!! I had to do some catching up because I'm really horrible at following blogs. :>) Thank you for sharing what God has shown you!!! Hope to read some more from camp messages!!! Maybe?... :>) -Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I just put up the first one :)

    ReplyDelete