1/5/13

No matter what.

I, personally have not yet been affected by the recent election. I'm sure it's coming but all it has done to me so far is sadden me to watch our country turn down a path that leads to destruction.

I got a blessing this morning in  1 Chronicles 16, being reminded that the Lord is always in control.

The chapter starts out right after David finally brought home the ark of the covenant, doing it the way God had previously laid out.
He then delivers his first Psalm to the priest.
You need to read the whole chapter for context, and a really good Psalm that David wrote, but what really encouraged me what this:

vs. 15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.

vs 21 He suffered no man to do them wrong; yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,
vs 22 Saying, touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Then it goes on to praise the Lord to vs 36 in a way that should pump Christians up to hear.

But in those last two verses, it was such a comfort to be reminded that, kings (or presidents) may be in authority, but that doesn't stop God from taking care of his people!
Things may get a little rough, but never forget who is ulitmately in control!

Aaaaand technically I already knew all that, but I obvioulsly needed reminding.

The Lord has blessed me in so many ways, it should never, EVER be a problem to rely on him.
In closing, vs 34

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment