11/16/12

Tough Dude(ettes)s

Somewhere between age 11 and 13, I became anti-girl.
Actually, it was more like anti-GIRLIE.
I was a TOTAL tomboy (and proud of it), I didn't want to wear anything pink, or basically anything pretty. I was VERY picky about what I wanted to wear 9my poor Mom...).
I kind of wished I was a boy.
Get your mind out of the gutter, it wasn't what you're thinking.
Why didn't I wanna be girlie?
Oh, I did, really, I just didn't think I did. And the desire to be pretty got stronger later on (turns out boys ARE good for something).
If you had asked me then I would have obnoxiously answered, "Cuz girls are WIMPS!!"
I later realized, that not all girls are wimps, and that I didn't have to be one either, and you can be cute AND tough.
That was basically it:
I wanted to be tough. I admired strength.
I read about Indians and people doing amazing survival type things and living totally independent of civilization!
Thought that was SO cool.
Still do.
Well, the fact of the matter is, God DID make us ladies as the WEAKER vessel.
No way around it.
Doesn't mean we are all weaklings.
Doesn't mean I have to be helpless.

Where was I going with all this?


Ah yes.
I admire strength.

Reading in Proverbs today, a verse triggered that whole train of thought:
Proverbs 16:32
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.
So what that boils down to is Self-control = STRENGTH.
Self-control.
Not survival techniques.

So you (when I say that I mean I) can workout and have biceps and hunt and hike and be TOUGH.
But if you REALLY wanna be strong, work on your self-control.

And keep in mind that man is just a dirt-ball anyway, and ultimately, the LORD is the only REAL strength.
Talk about tough.....ever hear what he did on Calvary?
 

2 comments:

  1. Would you mind if I shared this with a friend??!! It goes along with something her and I have been talking about. :) thank you so much for sharing!!! It was a blessing reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutley! Any thing on here is for anyone willing to read it. Share away! Praise the Lord if he uses it to bless you :)

      Delete