8/29/13

How Great Thou Art

Isaiah 61:1-3
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that morn;
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

I read this today, and loved it. Nothing particularly new.
Just the idea that we get a blessing out of God being glorified.

Which totally makes sense, since that IS why he created us.

Also, Taylor was talking about vacuuming the church (which is something I've done a lot of) and letting your mind wander or singing your gut out and I was reminded that some of the best fellowship I've had with the Lord was at church all by myself, vacuuming the endless rows of chairs, singing at the  top of my lungs about my Saviour, breaking down crying as I realize how good He is to me.
How wonderful He is, how gracious, how patient, how generous, to such a worm as I.


I keep coming back to what David said: What is man, that thou art mindful of him?
Good question, Dave...

No comments:

Post a Comment