9/4/12

accountability

I've been trying lately (but not very hard) to read on Proverb a day for a solid month.
(You may have noticed that Proverbs has 31 chapters, one for each day of the month)
I haven't made it thus far.
There's always been something that happens to distract me and I forget for a day.
I'll be honest.
It's usually a passel of days, not just one.
I'm trying again this month.
Yesterday I decided to make a commitment.
I was thinking, see (I do this occasionally) that even if I DO make it this month and read a chapter everyday, there are probably going to be multiple days (maybe even a passel) when I just quick read a chapter so I can check it off my list, and I don't really dig into it, searching for what the Lord has for me.

So I added to my commitment:
I'm going to strive to dedicate one hour a day, preferably a consecutive hour, to reading my Bible, and while I'm at it, to work on my prayer life.
Yesterday was easy.
Today wasn't that hard either.
And I had plenty of stuff to write down.
But right now I have a very slow schedule, with not much at all going on.
And I need accountability to stick with it when my life isn't so slow and relaxing.
For when I actually have to get up early in order to have that consecutive hour.
Even if I didn't get the most sleep last night.

(I'm very fond of my sleep, you see)
So this is my record of commitment! Feel free to bug me and ask if I'm keeping up with it!!
Speaking of commitments...I need to post about my camp commitments!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment